Asst. Prof. Dr. habil. Martin AtzmüllerUniversität Kassel
Wilhelmshöher Allee 73
Tel.: ++49 561 804-6298
Fax.: ++49 561 804-6259
Google Scholar Profile
Big Data Analytics
Ubiquitous and Social Systems
I have recently switched to Tilburg University, see my homepage martin.atzmueller.net for further details and up-to-date information.
This webpage here (the content below) is a late 2016 snapshot and is not being updated.
Martin Atzmueller is adjunct professor (Privatdozent) at the University of Kassel and heads the Ubiquitous Data Mining Team at the Hertie Chair for Knowledge and Data Engineering.
He earned his habilitation (Dr. habil.) in 2013 at the University of Kassel, and received his Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Würzburg in 2006. He studied Computer Science at the University of Texas at Austin (USA) and at the University of Wuerzburg where he completed his MSc in Computer Science.
His research areas include Data Science, Data Mining, Network Analysis, Ubiquitous Social Media, and Big Data. In this context, he is directing the VIKAMINE project for subgroup discovery, pattern mining and analytics, and the Ubicon project for implementing social and ubiquitous applications (see Conferator, EveryAware).
*** New Books on Big Data ***
New co-edited book, Springer LNCS/LNAI 9546: (eds.) M. Atzmueller, A. Chin, F. Janssen, I. Schweizer & C. Trattner
Big Data Analytics in the Social and Ubiquitous Context.
New text book on Enterprise Big Data Engineering, Analytics and Management: (eds.) M. Atzmueller, S. Oussena, T. Roth-Berghofer
Enterprise Big Data Engineering, Analytics and Management
Statusreport: Chancen mit Big Data -- Best Practice.
+++ Slides of Recent Tutorials +++
- Web Science 2016 Tutorial: Community Detection: From Plain to Attributed Complex Networks
- ASONAM 2015 Tutorial: Subgroup Discovery and Community Detection on Attributed Graphs
- CSSWS 2015 Tutorial: Subgroup and Community Analytics
- Martin Atzmueller. Data Mining on Social Interaction Networks. Journal of Data Mining and Digital Humanities, (1)June 2014.
- Martin Atzmueller, Stephan Doerfel, and Folke Mitzlaff. Description-Oriented Community Detection using Exhaustive Subgroup Discovery. Information Sciences, (329):965-984, 2016.
- Martin Atzmueller, Benjamin Kloepper, Hassan Al Mawla, Benjamin Jäschke, Martin Hollender, Markus Graube, David Arnu, Andreas Schmidt, Sebastian Heinze, Lukas Schorer, Andreas Kroll, Gerd Stumme, and Leon Urbas. Big Data Analytics for Proactive Industrial Decision Support: Approaches & First Experiences in the Context of the FEE Project. atp edition, (58)9 2016.
- Martin Atzmueller, Martin Becker, Mark Kibanov, Christoph Scholz, Stephan Doerfel, Andreas Hotho, Bjoern-Elmar Macek, Folke Mitzlaff, Juergen Mueller, and Gerd Stumme. Ubicon and its Applications for Ubiquitous Social Computing. New Review of Hypermedia and Multimedia, (20)1:53--77, 2014.
- Florian Lemmerich, Martin Atzmueller, and Frank Puppe. Fast Exhaustive Subgroup Discovery with Numerical Target Concepts. Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, (30):711-762, 2016.
- Folke Mitzlaff, Martin Atzmueller, Andreas Hotho, and Gerd Stumme. The Social Distributional Hypothesis. Journal of Social Network Analysis and Mining, (4)216, 2014.
- Christoph Scholz, Martin Atzmueller, Mark Kibanov, and Gerd Stumme. Predictability of Evolving Contacts and Triadic Closure in Human Face-to-Face Proximity Networks. Journal of Social Network Analysis and Mining, (4)217, 2014.
- December 2016: 3rd International Computational Social Science Winter Symposium - Program Committee
- November 2016: Complex Networks: International Workshop on Complex Networks and their Applications - Program Committee
- October 2016: ISWC 2016: International Semantic Web Conference - Program Committee
- September 2016: ECML-PKDD 2016: European Conference on Machine Learning and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery - Program Committee
- August 2016: ASONAM 2016: IEEE/ACM International Conference on Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining - Program Committee
- August 2016: KDD 2016: ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining - Program Committee
- July 2016: 27th ACM Conference on Hypertext and Social Media - Program Committee
- July 2016: 2nd IEEE International Conference on Internet of People - Program Chair
- July 2016: Special Session on Big Data and Advanced Data Analytics in the Context of Manufacturing Systems; IEEE International Conference on Industrial Informatics INDIN'16 - Co-Chair
- May 2016: ESWC 2015: European Semantic Web Conference - Program Committee
- April 2016: 7th International Workshop on Modeling Social Media (MSM'16); ACM InternationalWorld Wide Web Conference - Workshop Co-Chair