PD Dr. habil. Martin AtzmüllerUniversität Kassel
Wilhelmshöher Allee 73
Tel.: ++49 561 804-6298
Fax.: ++49 561 804-6259
Ubiquitous and Social Systems
Martin Atzmueller is adjunct professor (Privatdozent) at the University of Kassel and heads the Ubiquitous Data Mining Team at the Hertie Chair for Knowledge and Data Engineering. He earned his habilitation (Dr. habil.) in 2013 at the University of Kassel, and received his Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Würzburg in 2006. He studied Computer Science at the University of Texas at Austin (USA) and at the University of Wuerzburg where he completed his MSc in Computer Science.
His research areas include data mining, social computing, mining social media, machine learning, web science, and big data analytics. In this context, he is directing the VIKAMINE project for subgroup discovery, pattern mining and analytics, and the Ubicon project for implementing social and ubiquitous applications (see Conferator, EveryAware).
***New Book on Mining, Modeling, and Recommending 'Things' in Social Media***
New co-edited book (with A. Chin, C. Scholz and C. Trattner)
on Mining, Modeling, and Recommending 'Things' in Social Media (Springer LNCS-LNAI).
- May 2015: 6th International Workshop on Modeling Social Media - Behavioral Analytics in Social Media, Big Data and the Web @ WWW 2015 - Workshop Co-Chair
- June 2015: ESWC 2015: European Semantic Web Conference - Program Committee
- June 2015: Workshop on Deep Content Analytics Techniques for Personalized and Intelligent Services - Program Committee
- July 2015: First International Workshop on Social Influence Analysis @ IJCAI 2015 - Program Committee
- July 2015: International Workshop on Machine Learning, Optimization and Big Data - Program Committee
- August 2015: KDD 2015: ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining - Program Committee
- August 2015: International Symposium on Foundations and Applications of Big Data Analytics @ ASONAM 2015 - Program Committee
- September 2015: ECML PKDD 2015 - European Conference on Machine Learning and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases - Program Committee
- November 2015: ICDM 2015: IEEE International Conference on Data Mining - Program Committee