PD Dr. habil. Martin AtzmüllerUniversität Kassel
Wilhelmshöher Allee 73
Tel.: ++49 561 804-6298
Fax.: ++49 561 804-6259
Ubiquitous and Social Systems
Martin Atzmueller is adjunct professor (Privatdozent) at the University of Kassel and heads the Ubiquitous Data Mining Team at the Hertie Chair for Knowledge and Data Engineering. He earned his habilitation (Dr. habil.) in 2013 at the University of Kassel, and received his Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Würzburg in 2006. He studied Computer Science at the University of Texas at Austin (USA) and at the University of Wuerzburg where he completed his MSc in Computer Science.
His research areas include data mining, social computing, mining social media, web science, and big data analytics. In this context, he is directing the VIKAMINE project for subgroup discovery, pattern mining and analytics, the Ubicon project for implementing social and ubiquitous applications (see Conferator), and the Sensor Data Collection Framework (SDCF) for mobile sensing and ubiquitous data processing.
***New Book on Ubiquitous Social Media Analysis***
New co-edited book (with A. Chin, D. Helic and A. Hotho)
on Ubiquitous Social Media Analysis (Springer LNCS-LNAI).
- September 2014: 25th ACM Conference on Hypertext and Hypermedia - Doctoral Consortium Chair
- September 2014: 14th International Conference on Knowledge Management and Knowledge Technologies (I-KNOW) - Program Committee
- September 2014: IEEE International Conference on Cyber, Physical and Social Computing (CPSCom) - Program Committee
- August 2014: 7th ASE International Conference on Social Computing (SocialCom) - Program Chair
- August 2014: 8th International Web Rule Symposium (RuleML) - General Conference and Special Track on Learning Business Rules from Data Program Committee
- May 2014: 27th International FLAIRS Conference - General Conference and Special Track on Data Mining Program Committee