Dr. Martin AtzmüllerUniversität Kassel
Wilhelmshöher Allee 73
Tel.: ++49 561 804-6298
Fax.: ++49 561 804-6259
Ubiquitous and Social Systems
Martin Atzmueller is a technical project director and senior researcher at the University of Kassel. He received his Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Würzburg in 2006, and has spent an academic year at the University of Texas at Austin (UT) in Austin, Texas, USA. He is currently working at the Knowledge and Data Engineering Group at the University of Kassel, Germany.
His research areas include data mining, social computing, mining social media, web science, machine learning, and natural language processing.
He is mainly interested in developing advanced algorithms and their implementation in intelligent computational systems for providing sophisticated mining and analysis solutions to their users.
In this context, he is directing the VIKAMINE project for subgroup discovery, pattern mining and analytics, the Ubicon project for implementing social and ubiquitous applications (see Conferator), and the Sensor Data Collection Framework (SDCF) for mobile sensing and ubiquitous data processing.
***New Book on Modeling and Mining Ubiquitous Social Media***
New co-edited book (with A. Chin, D. Helic and A. Hotho)
on Modeling and Mining Ubiquitous Social Media (Springer LNCS-LNAI).
- September 2012:SocialCom 2012: ASE/IEEE International Conference on Social Computing
- September 2012: ECML/PKDD 2012: European Conference on Machine Learning and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases
- August 2012: The 36th Annual Conference of the German Classification Society - Gesellschaft für Klassifikation (GfKl)
- August 2012: Artificial Intelligence meets the Web of Data Workshop
- August 2012: 7th International and ECAI 2012 Workshop on Explanation-Aware Computing (ExaCt 2012)
- August 2012: RuleML 2012 - The 6th International Symposium on Rules
- June 2012: Hypertext 2012 - 23rd ACM Conference on Hypertext and Social Media
- June 2012: Workshop on recent Advances in Behavior Prediction and Pro-active Pervasive Computing, co-located with Pervasive 2012
- June 2012: 1st International ICEIS 2012 Workshop on Interaction Design in Educational Environments (IDEE)
- May 2012: 24th International FLAIRS Conference
- October 2011: SMUC/CIKM 2011 - Invited Talk on Analysis of Communities in Social Media, Glasgow, Scotland
- October 2011: MSM 2011 - 2nd International Workshop on Modeling Social Media, co-located with IEEE SocialCom 2011, Boston, October 9, 2011
- September 2011: MUSE 2011 - 2nd International Workshop on Mining Ubiquitous and Social Environments@ECML/PKDD 2011, Athens, September 5, 2011
- September 2011: ECML/PKDD 2011: European Conference on Machine Learning and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases Athens, Greece, September 5-9